With NTK SS tool series tooling system for front turning, a variety of toolholder shank sizes and insert shapes suitable for automatic CNC lathes are available. These tools can be applied to a wide range of external turning operations for small parts.
- Indexable insert toolholders for front turning applications with shank sizes from 8mm to 16mm, which eliminates re-grinding.
- Can be adjusted for almost all CNC automatic lathes or small type CNC lathes.
The shape of tools are selectable for gang tooling type tool post or turret type tool post.
- A variety of insert geometries are available.
Inserts with flat edge (TFT, TFD inserts), those for deep cutting with highly rigidity (TF inserts), those for sharp corners, etc. are available.
- Various types of chipbreakers are available.
Both ground chipbreaker which ensures sharpness of cutting edge and molded chipbreaker which offers large area for cutting chip disposal is available.
- The insert grade type is selected from micro grain carbide KM3, ZM3, VM1, and cermet which ensure both sharp cutting performance and toughness.
KM3 or ZM3 are applicable for machining that requires sharp cutting.
Cermet grade offers high speed cutting performance and excellent surface finish.